2 ears of corn,shucked
1 -12ounce can black beans
½ c diced celery
½ c diced onion
1 tbl oregano
1 tsp cumin,ground
1tsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried,crushed coriander
1 sm can chipotles
3 qts chicken stock
1 med tomato,diced
2 tbl olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh queso or pepperjack cheese
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat,add the oil, chicken,celery and onion and cook for 6-7 minute.
- If you like it hot, add it all.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Add the oregano, coriander, cumin, paprika and chili powder and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes to release the essential oils.
- Add the stock, beans and corn and corn cobbs and bring to a boil.
- Add ½ of the can of chipotleRemov e corn cobbs and discard.
- Adjust with salt and pepper to taste